Re: TR3B: Pressing Wishbones Onto Trunnions

To: moag@ix.netcom.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3B: Pressing Wishbones Onto Trunnions
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:23:03 EST
Dave,
The bushings MUST be reamed after they've been pressed into the lower
wishbones. DO NOT FORCE FIT THEM ONTO THE TRUNIONS!!!
The workshop manual specifies that the bushes be reamed to 0.6245" to 0.6250"
once pressed into place.  When I did mine, I had the machine shop press the
bushings into the lower wishbones and then ream them.  They insisted on
measuring my new trunions and then reaming the bushes to suit, rather than
just using the value in the workshop manual.   Made sense to me, that way you
don't end up reaming to too large an i.d.

Bill Babbitt
TR3A in a bag (hopefully not for ever)
Gales Ferry, CT