TR6/Moss Steering Rack Bushings

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6/Moss Steering Rack Bushings
From: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 98 06:58:14 -0500
Hello Listers--

I just installed a set of Moss's aluminum "bushings" to replace the
rubber ones on the steering rack.  There is a small hole on the
passenger's side of the outer rack tube where a tiny nylon plug was held
in place by the original rubber and was apparently indended to dampen
vibration on the inner rack assembly.  Well, the Moss replacements don't
cover the plug--no matter how I tried to install them--so the plug just
falls out.  I thought I'd put some duct tape over the hole to keep water
& dirt out, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here.
Anybody else run into this & how did you fix it?

Thanks

Ian CF57345U