Re: Frame Rust Prevention

To: "Michael T." <carrera@frontiernet.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Frame Rust Prevention
From: Scott Davis <ssdavis1@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:21:47 -0600
I am very much considering powdercoating my frame when it comes time to
refresh it (december)....  $150ish (which is damn close to painting
anyways) and it should last a long time.  The insides of it will have ot be
taken care of differently though.  Haven't gotten that far yet.

>There is, however, some surface rust on the inside of the boxed sections I
>can't get to. I could probably put it together and it would be fine for 20
>years. But where would you get a clean Triumph frame in 2018? If I can rust
>proof it now, I'd like to.
        Acid dips are OK- just make sure they get the acid out of it, else it
will
defintaey corrode!

>Is the a commonly used procedure to remedy this condition?
>Acid dipping? Coating in oil?

Scott

Some people are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.....
(and they haven't gotten me yet!)
http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~ssdavis1
80 Corolla GT-S   TE720408517   4A-GE  T-50  4.3:1 LSD
79 Triumph Spitfire 1500 convertable    Soon to be 4A-GE/T50
87 Acura Legend      Automatic everything, manual nothing.
85Coupe/85LB Corolla GT-S parts cars