Re: General Motorhead Questions, I Think

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: General Motorhead Questions, I Think
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:47:19 -0500
"and am venting the rocker cover directly
to both carbs via a tee-fitting with no emissions control valve."

Dee,

Two possibilities for you:

You didn't say exactly how you were connecting the hoses - some 150CD's have a
bung on
the right hand side of the carb for an emission hose.  New rings allow a lot of
blow-by until the engine is broken in properly, this creates pressure in the
crankcase
that is then "pumped" into the carbs via the emissions hose routing. If you
have this
type of 150CD and you are venting this port direct to the crankcase via the
valve
cover, combined with a vaccuum-robbing long duration cam, you probably aren't
pulling
enough vaccuum to allow the air valve in the carb to function properly, which
may
account for your increase in rpm when you restrict the airflow.

Another possibility could be torn diaphragms in the throttle bypass valves.
These are
also on the right side of the carbs and are held in place with 3 small machine
screws.  Once off the carb, three more screws open the two halves of the valve
expose the check valve and diaphragm assembly.  Air constantly leaking around
the
throttle plates could also be the cause of your high idle condition.

Good Luck!!!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars