Re: TR6 Trouble today

To: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Trouble today
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 18:25:40 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Lenny Seidman wrote:

> Sounds like dirt or sediment blocking the in-line fuel filter if you
> have one or the fuel line itself may be filled/clogged with sediment.

I agree.  Before I had my gas tank fixed my TR4 would do this.  First it
went for 100 miles no prob, then 20, then 5, then it wouldn't go down the
road without quitting.

The gas tank was redi-stripped and sloshed with epoxy.  No problems now
(aside from a teaspoon of crud at the beginning, as seen in the glass
bowl- probably was in lines).  Remember, all these cars need to run is gas
& spark.  Take one away- no joy :-(

If your gas tank is fine, maybe the lines are rusty.  If they're fine too,
maybe you filled up using a rusty jerry-can (or even worse, the tanks at
the gas station are rusty).

-Malcolm