Re: trailers

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: trailers
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 12:49:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
I have always agreed with VTR's requirement of the cars needing to be
driven in at least one event in order to compete in concours.  As I
recall, there was a TR4 (15 years or so ago) that was being taken to
shows (in a rental van) that was simply rolled onto the field.  Not
"preserving the marque", by my thinking.

The class that (I think) should _not_ allow trailered cars is the "Round
TUIT" or MOFI (Most Opportunity For Improvement) type awards.  It hurts
to get beaten by a "bucket of bits" sitting on a trailer.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
'62 TR3B (former SCCA E/P race car) (winner of the "Least Likely To Make
It Home Under Its Own Power" award, due to trailering it)
'62 TR3B
2 TR4As
1 Austin-Healey 100 (winner of the Round TUIT and MOFI, at different
shows)
1 Austin Princess Vanden Plas limo
various fractional cars laying about...