RE: trailered cars

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Mike Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: RE: trailered cars
From: "Phil Pattengale" <philpatt@net-link.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:26:44 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Yes!

Not every trailered TR is a "Trailor Queen".   I am in very much the same
boat.  I put nearly 4000 miles on my (Dad's) TR3, driving it nearly daily
from June thru November.  However, family of 4 doesn't fit, and for local
shows (quanity: 1) we drive seperately, but for the >50 miles away shows,
the car gets to ride for free.

We're going to VTR99, and it's 950 miles or so.  As much as I'd like to make
the trip all by myself in the TR (TR2 by then, I hope! (see sig)), it's just
not reasonable.

As far as the true T.Q.'s go, I just feel sorry for the owner.  Huge
investment (presumably), and nothing but a few bits of wood & plastic
(presumably) to show for it.

Ultimately though, it boils down to: "to each, their own."

Cheers!

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}