re: Tr6; Cracked differential mounts

To: drjclark@mindspring.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Tr6; Cracked differential mounts
From: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 08:59:19 -0600
Jack,
I've done enough whining about this subject lately, I suppose it's time
to offer some input...

1.  Yes, any competent welder can handle this(or incompetent for that
matter, I did mine myself)
2.  A good mig welder works very well, but I suppose it could be arc
welded if one wasn't available
3.  My friend (body man by trade) fabricated the ones for my TR6 out of
the same gauge steel as the frame.  Any body shop should be able to
handle this.  The TRF reinforcements have air holes in them so as not to
trap moisture.

While you're in there, check( if you haven't already) the trailing arm
bushings, the shock mounting bolts, the hubs for excessive end float,
and of course the axle shafts.  I would also highly suggest that you use
poly mounts for the diff when you put it back together.

Good luck!
Chad Stretz
73 TR6