Re: refitting Tenax stud

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: refitting Tenax stud
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 01:51:33 -0500 (EST)
Lots of good ideas coming back on this one.  I was thinking of JB Weld or
that putty that turns into "steel".  This hole is really bigger than the
screw, so it's not a matter of refresshing the threads.

I did considr the pop rivet idea, I even tried to tap a sleeve from a pop
rivet with little success.  Bill Sachse suggested the pop rivets that leave
a threaded nut in stead of teh regular rivet - if I can get a hold of one
of those gizmos it may be ht ebest bet.  I can think of several other uses
for it.

If all that fails, I'll go with George's oringinal suggestion of the sleeve.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Bob