oil pressure switch

To: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oil pressure switch
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 11:52:06 -0400
The oil light on my Spit doesn't any longer come on when the ignition
switch is on.  I know the bulb is okay, though I have not yet checked
connections to the bulb holder.  What I have checked is the three
pronged oil pressure switch, but I don't know enough to know what is
going on.  I have assumed that two of the leads must be internally
connected before the engine is started and that oil pressure after
startup breaks the connection.  If this is the case, then the problem is
in the switch, because none of the three leads is connected to another.
Have I got this right?

Tim Gaines
Clinton, SC
1980 Spit
1974 TR6

Duh.  You know, it just occurred to me that I could check the switch on
my newly purchased TR6 to see how it is set up for comparison.  Oh well.
I've written this, so I'll send it out.  Thanks for any help you can
provide.