Re:speed bleeders

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:speed bleeders
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:04:55 -0400
Peter,

I put on the speed bleeders last weekend.  Started with the longest brake line
pumped the brake pedal 5-6 times.  Couldn't see any bubbles in the tube so I did
the next longest line and so on until all four lines had been bled.  Never saw
air bubbles in the tube but the pedal stiffness did improve so something
happened.  It was all so darn easy compared to the old pump-hold-tighten the
bleeder method that I didn't have too much concern about making sure all the
bubbles were out since if I wasn't satisfied with how the brake pedal felt or if
I needed to do it again later I knew it was not going to take long to repeat
with the speed bleeders.

Guess it boiled down to results over process and the results were so good I
didn't worry about the presence of air bubbles or lack of.  It made bleeding the
brakes so easy and effective that its one of those jobs that I'll look forward
to doing again and might even do simply to revive my self-esteem after other
automotive mechanical failures.

Nevertheless, if you want to be able to examine the tube for air bubbles make
the tube long enough so that you can put a loop in.  That way it won't drain
down to your catch bottle and you can see the fluid that came out of each line.

I have no financial interest, yada, yada, but I wish I did.

Bud 71TR6 CC57365