RE: Zenitt Carb question!

To: "'Wages, Jeffrey'" <bzw8@cdc.gov>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Zenitt Carb question!
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:06:18 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Temp Compensators lean out the mixture when its hot.  Hot air is less dense
so the mixture enriches as the temperature rises.  The bimetal strips open
and allow air to compensate.  The symptoms of failure would be that it would
run too rich when hot if stuck closed or too lean when cold if stuck open.
They get crudded up and can fail to open or close.  There is a maintenance
article on the VTR web site on them. If you take them off the lil piston in
the part that sticks into the carb ought to movable.

 New ones are available, but expensive.  I think you could scrounge some
clean used ones over AIAP, I got one from them a couple weeks ago.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK