Re: Green lighted gages

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Green lighted gages
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 21:19:29 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-23 09:44:40 EDT, bschwart@pacbell.net writes:

> Anyway, I believe someone was inquiring about the green lamp covers, or
>  where they could find them.  I noticed when I was disassembling this gauge,
>  which by the way is entirely plastic including the studs and the nuts to
>  hold in on with, that the lamp had a little green rubber "hat" which fit
>  right onto the bulb.  This might be just trick-  Seemed kind of odd in that
>  I would think the heat of the bulb would damage it, but . . .I

Barry, and others,

These green hats are available from Auto Meter as well. They also have red
hats. The Last price I have for them (1994) is $2.05 for a pack of three.

As it turns out, I have four of each color that came as options with the
gauges I bought. If any one would like to have them, let me know and I will
mail them to you. I don't plan to use them, so they are just taking up space
in my shop (not a lot of space - they are quite small).

Auto Meter's address is:

Auto Meter Products, Inc,
413 W Elm St.
Sycamore, IL 60178
(815) 895 8141

I think they now have a web site, but I don't know the URL.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74