That tiny little TR6 Clutch Bearing Sleave Pin!!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: That tiny little TR6 Clutch Bearing Sleave Pin!!
From: "Wages, Jeffrey" <bzw8@cdc.gov>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:49:46 -0400
Hello,

I am in the process of replacing all mechanical clutch parts in my '71 TR6.
I am doing this due to everything being slap worn out. But anyway, the
release bearing sleave has a tiny little pin hole for a pin that I saw in
the previous sleave.  This pin is there, I assume, to prevent the sleave
from spinning. Problem is this pin is not for sale any longer (via moss).
Does anyone know the shear necessity for this pin and if so the proper size
and kind of pin?  If you have an answer please reply to: DJWAGES@aol.com (so
I can get an answer maybe this weekend at home) as well as to the list list
for anyone else who may need to know now or in the future.
Thanks a bunch,

Jeff Wages
71 TR6