Pinstripe Removal, Fender Gunk, etc.

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pinstripe Removal, Fender Gunk, etc.
From: "maineac" <maineac@gateway.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:22:39 -0400
The Eastwood catalog has the solutions for at least a couple of recent
threads.  The pinstripe removal gizmo is P/N 37023 (eraser and arbor) for
$16.99.  The catalog recommends an air drill with rpm of 3,500 to 4,000,
but I would guess that an electric drill would work just as well.  The only
"don't use on" warning is for acrylic lacquer or plexiglass.

The other thread has to do with seam sealer or "Blackjack".  Eastwood
offers 2 substances that don't look as evil as the description of
"Blackjack" sounds.  One is a brushable sealer (applied after the panels
are fastened I think), which is P/N 31028ZP for 1 (US) quart ($19.99), and
a sealer that comes in a caulking tube that sets in 2 minutes and can be
painted in 45.  It comes in beige (P/N 31024Z) or black (P/N 31027Z) and
costs $8.99 per tube.  NOTE:  I am not now, nor ever have been an employee
or stockholder in the Eastwood Company.

Now, I have a question.  Has anyone used the striping kit that was for U.K.
TR6's?  The one in the Rimmer Bros. catalogue?  I think the stripes are a
set of narrow twin stripes that follow the body "crease" along the upper
1/3 of the car.  If so, are they difficult to put on? Do mere mortals
attempt this job, or do you leave it to professionals?  I can picture
myself getting them stuck to the wrong parts, or having them fold in half
with the sticky stuff touching.

Tom Walling