Speedo drive

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedo drive
From: Jktr4a@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:21:45 EDT
Is there a quick fix for the speedo drive in the on the TR3/4/6 transmissions?
I replaced the drive from outside, but it still doesn't turn, and no chunks of
anything are in the oil. I have another good trans to replace the one in the
car with (and probably will this winter), but that is a bit extreme as long as
the tach works. Is there a way to access the problem through the trans top
cover or some other simple fix? Probably not, but it was worth asking.

                                              John Tucker