Engine Rattle

Subject: Engine Rattle
From: "Ed Woods" <fogbros@nb.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:39:54 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

My TR3's engine has a pronounced rattling sound when the throttle is
blipped. This occurs when the throttle is released and the engine is slowing
back down to idle. It does not occur when idling, only on that sudden
deceleration to idle. The car is at a standstill, like as in being tuned in
the driveway.  Valve clearances have been set. I've got some ideas but don't
what the power of suggestion to spoil your insights.

Any suggestions? Any and all will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed Woods