Re: Bending TR wheels?

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "The Usual Suspects" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bending TR wheels?
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:26:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Malcolm,

Any experience tire tech should be able to break the beads with out damaging
your rims.  But you can have them checked after the tires are removed by
placing them on a computer spin balancer and running them slowly.  Any run
out should be extremely noticeable while the rim is spinning.  At the same
time you can also check to see if your rims are out of round as well as
checking for warpage.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas