Dead Wipers

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dead Wipers
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 00:13:13 -0400
Electrical question to anyone thats been there regarding my '80 Spit.
Five wires (from the harness) travel to the wiper switch.
Green/Brown
Red/Green
Green
Green/Blue
The fifth goes directly into the bottom end of the wiper stalk.
There is a Black wire attached to the same spade as the Green (above)
and currently dangling.  I can find no reference to it in the
schematics, but it looks as though it is a ground wire and once soldered
to the outer edge of the bottom of the stalk.  The conductor of this
wire is not copper, but rather a braided nickel.  However, with the
ignition on, this is a live wire.
Anyone have any idea where it goes and is this why the wipers aren't
working?

Regards,
Ed Hamilton