@#*&%^ Windscreen, Part 2

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: @#*&%^ Windscreen, Part 2
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 22:06:54 -0500
Well, it finally came off. After three days of working on it, I used vise
grips, gripped the bracket around the post, and twisted both of them. It
came right off!!! I just want to say, thanks to all of you that wrote me for
your advice and sympathy. I also want all of you to know that I have built a
small shrine to Henry Frye in my garage (the latest offering to it is the
windscreen brackets and a can of WD40!), as it was his idea to use the vise
grips.

The seats are out, the carpeting is out, the heater and fascia are all out.
Hopefully, one more full night of work will see the body ready to lift off
of the frame, so that I can begin working on the engine, etc. I have a
question. I am limited in space in my garage. I cannot lay the body out flat
somewhere so that I can work on the frame. Can I, if I build a frame for
support, lay the body on its side? Will this hurt anything? Everything is
off of the body--the doors, fenders, gas tank, insides, everything. It will
just be the body. Any thoughts/advice will be welcome.

Thanks.

p.s. tried to attach pictures, but couldn't send thru. if anyone is
interested in seeing the car, just let me know off-list and I will attach a
couple...

Bryan
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt. 2284