Re: TR6: Aftermarket PI

To: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6: Aftermarket PI
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:37:59 EST5EDT
Jack, the last I heard is that the PI set up was/is basically a one off for the
owner's
car. The car itself was for sale too - minus the PI. Something about not enough
volume to
produce the very complicated and expensive CNC machined plenum manifold. The
guy was
looking for 6 PREPAID orders to start up production. Yeah, right...

TWM induction now advertises several kinds of FI for classic sports cars,
including an SU
or Stromberg replacement type throttle body. This would use the stock manifold.
I don't
know what they do for electronics.

TWM makes Weber manifolds for the TR6 and Weber type throttle bodies. Now That
would be
quite a combination. It's the wave of the future....

Electromotive makes a complete bolt-on system for the Neon (Possibly using the
TWM
manifolds) and all sorts of generic PI parts are available.

I would think the coolest way to go would be to convert the TR6 PI system to
electronic...

None of this is remotely a bolt-on proposition....

Good luck.

Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press