TR ownership story

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR ownership story
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:48:05 -0400
I feel like I'm a novice enthusiast compared to some. My first car was an
A-H Sprite, purchased at the urging of a high school friend that had a
ratty TR4. Another friend had a Spit and the three of us would do dangerous
and stupid things with our cars. (You can drive one of these cars sitting
on the rear deck if you steer with your feet.) The Sprite died from
tin-worm and was replaced by an old Chevy, which also got too sick to cure.
Another car was needed, so the hunt began. At a VW/Porsche dealer in
Rochester, NY was a Vega they were trying to sell me. Next to it was a TR6
that was more than I could afford. One drive in it and it just didn't
matter. I brought the TR6 home on Valentine's Day, 1977 and have had it
ever since. It spent 13 years in a garage (1981-1994) while I went through
all sorts of changes. I brought it home, took it apart and rebuilt it
completely. In all the time I've owned it and driven it, it has been my
car. Very rarely has there been anyone in the passenger seat. My daughter
likes to ride to school in it, but my wife has never sat in it. It's the
automotive equivalent of My Chair.

If it were not for this mailing list and the resurgence of parts and
knowledge for the car, I'd have sold it. It's all your fault. :-)

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Illiterate? Write for free help...