RE: TR250 knobs (was Re: @*%)(@* Windscreen! TR250)

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR250 knobs (was Re: @*%)(@* Windscreen! TR250)
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:33:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
There is a hole on the underside with a spring loaded push pin.  Take
something on the order of a paper clip and push up the hole while pulling on
the knob.  You can feel the ping move against its spring. The knobs can be
extremely hard to get off, well stuck on the shaft, but the pin must be
pushed up while pulling on the knob.  After the knob has moved a 1/4 inch or
so forward on the shaft the pin will be far enough back that you can stop
trying to push it up.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK