Re: hardtops for sale

To: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Subject: Re: hardtops for sale
From: Conn <conn@wctc.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:57:17 -0500
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

KEVIN EDDINS wrote:

> I found an advertisement it Hemmings for new hardtops.  They cover the
> TR spectrum (250, 3 - 8).  When I called, they said they bought out Parish
> and are using his design.
>
> They come with all the hardware, felt head liner, primed and ready to
> paint.
>
> They guy told me that they are having a sale for $599 for a '79 Spit.
> What do you guys think of this price?  I've been looking for a hardtop for
> quite some time now and this is the closest I've come.

One serious consideration is if you want to keep the car original or not. I've
seen several used OEM hardtops in prices from $100-$300. Even if you have to
replace the head liner that's pretty reasonable.

I've also seen a few semi-decent parts cars *including* a hard top in the $600
range.

-- Conn  (conn@wctc.net)

History shows again and again,
how nature points out the folly of man.