TR4/4A/250 color?

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4/4A/250 color?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:44:48 -0700 (PDT)
I was feeling clumsy today and decided to give the torch a rest.  So I
spent most of the time removing undercoating, rust, and paint from the
backsides of my wheels and fenders.

Observation:  the enamel Triumph used is *tough* stuff.  Where it's stuck,
I'm going to leave it.  I had to use lots of paint remover to lift it; so
I'm going to leave the rest, and wire-brush to roughen it a bit.

I also noticed that the final layer of paint on my (replacement) rear
fender is a dark brown color.  My Moss catalog doesn't have a brown at all
in the color chart- is it a TR250 color?  I suspect it's a TR250 fender as
it's had a patch welded over the area where the parking lamp goes.

Another thing I saw: under all the silver on the wheels I find body color
(red on some, black on one, brown on one :-( )  Jonmac, did they roll the
cars thru the oven on their own wheels, or on a cart?  Were the wheels
painted in situ, or removed from the car?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm