Looking for finishing touches (GT6)

To: Triumph-Owners <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Looking for finishing touches (GT6)
From: Peter Tengstrand <hvta2@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 14:03:47 -0400
Hello All,

After doing nothing with my GT6 all year (shame on me) I've decided to
start searching for a couple of the missing pieces. I'd like to get her
ready for the fall - I've always thought that the GT6 is an excellent
fall car. That's when I drive it the most.

About two years ago I set the glove boxes aside while I rewired the car.
I was planning to use the old ones as patterns to make replacements.
Well needless to say I moved right after I finished the wiring and lost
the glove boxes in the process. I still have the rails that support the
fronts but the rest is gone. If anyone knows where I can get
replacements or patterns that would be a great help.

The other parts I need are the over-riders for the front bumper (they
cover the bonnet hinges). My car is a MkI which makes finding Mk
specific parts a bear. If anyone has seen a pair of these please let me
know.

Also, there is a body shop about two miles from me (in southern NH) that
has a Dk Blue GT6+ for sale. I stopped to talk to the owner and he said
$600 takes it away. It looks pretty solid and mostly there - he said the
engine wouldn't turnover but then again, it sat in a barn for many
years. If any one is interested I can forward his phone number to you.

Cheers,
-- Peter
-- 1967 GT6 MkI