Re: TR6 engine removal

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 engine removal
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:21:05 +0000
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:01:46 -0400, Steve Rohal wrote:

>Listers;
>Thanks again for your previous help.  Now, new question: How long
should it
>take, what specialized equipment will I need, and what problems
might I
>encounter in pulling an engine from a 74' TR6? >TIA
>Steve Rohal
>74' TR6   CF 23026 UO

All you need is a hoist and time to have at it.  I think the book
says to remove engine and tranny together.  I put it in that way
but IIRC took the tranny out before the engine.  Undoing the
exhaust manifold from the pipes is probably the worst task.
I imagine it's possible to leave the tranny in the car, but at
any rate you probably have to remove the console and
tranny cover to give good access to the tranny to engine
bolts.

I would probably pull the intake manifold with carbs -- this gives
much more room to maneuver.

scott s.
.