Re: Seatbelts & Sensors

To: carol@dalton-rosberg.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seatbelts & Sensors
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:39:06 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-21 12:43:47 EDT, carol@dalton-rosberg.com writes:

> Sybill has developed this chronic condition: the seatbelt sensors are
>  working (but disconnected) and she won't start.

Carol,

Easy fix! Just find the white/red and the white/orange wires going into the
seat belt module. Cut 'em off at the module, and connect them together.
Finished. That's exactly what the factory did when they disabled the starter
interlock for the later models.

There are several ways of making the actual connection, but probably the
easiest way is to use a butt connetor and a crimping tool. If you don't have a
crimping tool, just strip the ends of the wires for about 1/2 inch, twist them
together, and solder. Cover the solder joint with a piece of shrink tubing or
electricians tape.

If you use shrink tubing, I recommend using two pieces. The first piece should
be the correct size for the wires and about twice as long as it should be,
leaving 1/2 of its length hanging over the joint. After you shrink it, fold
the extra lenght over on its self and slip a piece of slightly larger shrink
tubing over this, and shrink it.

Hope this helps.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN