TR6-First drive

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6-First drive
From: NikkiMW1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:29:53 EDT
Listers,
I have finally taken my 1972 TR6 on her first drive since I had traded for
her.  Only traveled about 5 miles but it was an experience nonetheless.  The
reason is that the seats are not bolted to the floor (needs new floors and
rockers).  One thing that I had noticed is that the rear brakes were on
constantly but not real hard, for the first mile or so but then released.
Also had many clunks that I believe were the brakes and would switch between
the front and the back.  I have no brake lights,  but other than that it was a
fun little run.  I am planning to start the restoration this winter but will
need the help of the list in helping me to find a competent body shop to do
the work.  If any of the listers know of anyone in the Chicago area that you
believe is qualified to tackle this job please let me know.  Thanks for all
the help
Nikki
1972 TR6 CC75410L