Re: Aldershot your Triumph?

To: Neil Sampson 01276 693068 <neil.sampson@gecm.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Aldershot your Triumph?
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:24:30 EST5EDT

> >He wrote, "When you're sent to penny-fights
> > and Aldershot it."  Any idea what he meant by that?  I've known his
> >writing
> > since I was very young, and have wondered what that meant.
>
> Haven't got the foggiest what he meant,.....

I think Aldershot, in this context, is a reference to British army latrines...

Walter Belgrove, the famous Triumph designer, said that the two passengers in
the
"dickey"(?) seat of the Triumph 2000 roadster reminded him of "Two Privates
perched over
an Aldershot latrine."

(I checked, and I do get extra points for the Triumph reference....)
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900