Re: Door Play and Bushings

To: Kiitsg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Door Play and Bushings
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:52:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kiitsg@aol.com wrote:

> On the passanger side door of my TR6, I have some play.  The hinge is solid
> where it mounts into the body, and into the door.  There is some slop in the
> hinge between the pin and the hole.  I am looking for two bushings to install
> to remove this play.  The top hinge is excellent, as are the driver door
> hinges.  Any suggestion on material (plastic or bronze/brass) and where to
> find them would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kurt
> '69 TR6

Have a new hinge pin made, remove your door hinges (both) and take them
to a machine shop and they will fit the correct size pin/shaft, I do not
feel a bushing will hold-up as it will be to thin to begin with, they
have just worn larger with time and use.I paid twenty (20) dollars for 4
pins for my T/R 3, the shop usually carries the rods and just has to cut
the length.