A speedo question

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A speedo question
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:18:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

Tried posting this a couple of weeks ago w/no response, so I'll try again.
I'd appreciate if anyone could add anything to this.

My speedo is about 10% fast by my unofficial reckoning.  This is due to the
fact that the PO had put (much) larger than stock wheels/tires on and had
the speedo 'recalibrated' (his words).  Since the car now runs on the
'stock' wheels, the speedo is off by 10% fast.

Without going back to a much larger rim/tire, which causes scrubbing
problems, does anyone know if I can get the Smith's speedo recalibrated to
the factory specs, or at all?  Is this something I might do?  Just
wondering.

I'd appreciate anything the list has to offer.  So far, there hasn't been a
question that can't be answered or SWAG'd with fair accuracy.

Thanks!

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034L