TR-4 Aftermarket Hardtop - Answers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4 Aftermarket Hardtop - Answers
From: "J. Robinson" <jrobins@nwc.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:06:53 -0700
I received a number of questions concerning my TR-4 aftermarket hardtop so I
thought
I would answer them all at once.

Will the top fit a TR-6?
I don't know.  Maybe a lister can help on this one.

Will the top fit a TR-4A?
Again, I don't know.

How does the top fit the car?
There are two threaded bolts which run through the windshield top plate are
secured
by wing nuts on the interior side of the top plate.  On the rear, a rubber
strip runs
along the edge of the top where the top meets the body of the car. The rear
edge of
the top clears the "lift the dot" pegs on my TR-4.  There are also brackets on
the
rear interior of the top for securing the rear of the top to the body.

Does the top interfere with the soft top frame?
Not on my TR-4 as the frame tucks behind the rear bulkhead out of harm's way.
Can't
say for sure on a TR-4A or a TR-6 because I have never tried it..

Where is the top located geographically?
The top is available for pick up in the city of San Carlos, CA which is in the
northern part of the state, halfway between San Francisco and San Jose.

I am willing to give more details over the telephone to interested listers.
Please
email me directly and I will give you a number to reach me.

Jordan Robinson