Spitfire Overdrive

To: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Spitfire Overdrive
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 21:14:16 +0100
Cc: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,

On my Mk III going downhill with a following wind, I can just about pull
4800rpm with O/d engaged. It has to be a long hill!! From what I can
remember, the speedo is just touching the magic three figures - and
everythings a shakin' . I've a sneeky feeling it might go a bit higher but
I usually run out of hill - and nerve!
Hope this helps.

John Macartney

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.

USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents