TR6 Misfiring: SOLVED!

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Misfiring: SOLVED!
From: richard bacon <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:40:06 -0500
Weeell folks, I've learned a lot in the last two weeks...

Let me first start by thanking every lister that sent me advice and
feedback. Here it goes:

- I re-timed the motor (it was off 4 degrees) but that was not the
source of the problem..

- I re-crimped the Crane wires but that was not the source of the
problem..

- I checked for manifold and vaccum leakage but that was not the source
of the problem..

Meanwhile, I have the car towed because it stalls at a very busy
intersection, and WILL NOT START. The problem? A BRAND NEW Lucas rotor
split in half at the base. I said to myself: finally, this probably was
the cause for the misfire but that was not the source of the problem..

- I replace the new Lucas cap with the old one, it seems to run better
for a while and then it misfires again: that was not the source of the
problem...

- I changed the plugs (they where new): et voila! No more misfiring! A
faulty 1.95$ NGK BPR6ES and a faulty rotor in the same week!!

rick
72 TR6