RE: TR6 brake bleed screws

To: "'Janssen, Lee K'" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 brake bleed screws
From: gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com (Gordon Buck)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:56:01 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Lee,
I purchased and installed a set of speed bleeders on my 71 TR6 a year ago and
they work great.  Sorry I don't have the thread size, however, I did go through
the mental anguish trying to find out (calling repair shops, parts suppliers,
etc.).  None of them knew the size or thread pitch.  Finally I pulled on out
and took in to a hardware shop to check diameter and thread pitch.  I got the
information (which I don't remember anymore), but when I called to order, the
guy didn't need it.  He just looked it up on a sheet and sent me the ones I
needed.  All the hassle for nothing.  That was through Russell Products.

The story continues.  Since I wanted to get a set for my Jeep Cherokee.  Called
Russell.  They no longer sell direct.  Referred me to Jegs and Summit.  Went
through another run-around with them where they wanted size and thread.  Again
I ended up taking a bleed nipple in to measure it.  Called Jegs back and  spoke
with Bill Schumaker (phone (800) 345-4545  ext 334).  He had a supplement that
listed the part numbers.   Anyway.  Both times it turned out they didn't need
the dimensions after all.

My experience is that somebody there should know the size.  Try Russell
Products for info ((904) 253-8980).  Jegs ((800) 345-4545  ext 334) or Summit
((800) 230-3030) for ordering.

I still have the container the speed bleeders came in at home and will look
this evening for the part numbers.  If you still need it I will e-mail on
Monday.  Sorry for the long story.  I really do like the product, just the
sales and service help leave something to be desired.  Good luck.

Gordon Buck
Sultan, Washington
71 TR6  CC62806
67 MGB GT (dead motor, anxious for a Rover V8)