GT6 Front Camber Woes

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 Front Camber Woes
From: SSwan60@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:32:04 EDT
Something must be wrong with my front suspension.  I can’t get proper camber,
I have to much positive camber.  I took my car to an alignment shop after I
had rebuilt the suspension and installed new shocks.  The alignment shop told
me that would need a bunch more shims to get the proper camber.  Even with all
the shims I made up they couldn’t get the lower wishbone out far enough
because they ran out of bolt.  On the rear of the left wishbone I’ve got about
5/8” of shims.

What am I missing here?  Seems like there really isn’t that much to goof up
on.  Does it have to do with the shocks I had installed?  The installed height
from the bottom of the bottom cup to the top of the top cup is 9 inches.  Is
this the dimension that my manual lists as the “fitted length (test load)”
equaling ~8.06”?  Would that make a difference?

The shock is the only thing I can think of because there doesn’t seem to be
any other room for error.  I did install a swing spring in the rear, possibly
lowering the rear a tiny bit but I can’t see that effecting the front this
much.

Thanks
Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
‘67 GT6 Mk1