Double whammy

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Double whammy
From: "Jack Levy - Computer Consultants - Hwd. FL" <sales@cocoinc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:51:16 -0400
I own a 76 TR6 and have been looking for a reasonably priced Tr8 for a
while, and also  every once in a while look around for a Spit for my wife.
Well today I found both and after driving 12 hours have one of them home (80
Spitfire) and I am picking up my "new" 80 TR8 with 52k miles on Sunday
(another 11 hours). I had never driven a TR8 and boy was I in for a
surprise, these suckers can move, and they are also quite comfortable, ac
and all. The Spitfire has 4 or 5 small rust spots that have not gone all the
way through (about 1/2 inch each) buit it runs really good, needs windows,
seats torn, and it's arrghhhh!! BROWN (original paint). I can deal with the
top, seats but not the color. If anybody cares I paid $1400 for the Spit and
$4000 for the TR8.

I just had to share this, I am sure a lot of you have had felt this when
picking up a new car and looking at the rearview mirror to see if it's still
there, all I can associate it with is picking up a dog at the pound, it was
in a pawn shop parking lot in the rain with no top on. I got it home dried
it, covered it and kissed it goodnight (well I didn't really kiss it).

Jack Levy
76 TR6
80 Spitfire
80 TR8