Re: the aeroplane thread

To: A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au, peb3@cornell.edu, chansen@exis.net
Subject: Re: the aeroplane thread
From: David Allinson - Telco Platforms Group Slough <David.Allinson@UK.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:29:29 +0100 (BST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have to say the most impressive sight I have
ever seen was at the Farnborough International
airshow here in the UK two years ago. I lived in
Farnborough then and was just leaving the Aldershot
Tesco Supermarket when I saw a Stealth Bomber
banking over Aldershot, the view of the top side
of the plane was remarkable, the plane was banking to
do a return flyover the airfield on its way back to a
US airfield or the US.

On the drive home the plane literally flew over the top
of the road I was on, it was literally a flat line
in the sky that had I not known it was
there I would have looked right past it.

Seeing the Shuttle take of earlier that year at Kennedy
was a close 2nd.

David Allinson

1958 TR3A
1974 Stag