Mystery Lucas Tool?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mystery Lucas Tool?
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:44:02 +0100 (BST)
I have just come into posession of an unusual little tool which I hope
someone out there might recognize. I don't think it is directly related to
the Motor or mechanical area but may prove useful, if I knew what to do
with it ?.. It measures about 3" long and about 1/2" in width and is made
of ground steel. It is hinged at one end and is sprung loaded in the centre
with a bolt passing through both halves and a fly nut on the end of the
bolt. This all acts like a jaw for want of a better description. At the
opening end it is hollowed out into four different sizes. So this is I
guess for clamping or crimping something or other in a range of sizes. On
one side beside each gap are the figures 40, 70, 100, 150. On the opposite
side of the gap on the same side are the figures 2+2, 4, 4, 5. On this same
side is the words "Twists Sleeves". On the other side are the figures,
again beside each gap, is 1/2, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 2. This side has the words
"Twists Nibs" It also has Elliott-Lucas stamped on the body, anyone have
any ideas.

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.