Pepper stop leak

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pepper stop leak
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:00:40
Andy and others

>There is also the old wives' tale (P.C. version: old spouse's [or perhaps
>significant others'] tale) about ground up black pepper being useful as a
>stop leak.

I was always leary of adding aluminum powder or pellets to my coolant, so I
gave the black pepper a try.

Black pepper is working quite well in my non-LBC (Chevy) daily driver.  I
have a leak at a bracket and didn't have time to pull the radiator to
repair it.  I was losing about a half gallon of coolant a month (1,500
miles.)  I added 2 Tablespoons (1 Tablespoon/gallon in the system) and I
had to add one more quart, shortly after adding the pepper.  None since;
the leak is gone.

It's been 9 months now.

Wives tales, HA!  ;-)

Later,