Follow-up on a missing problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Follow-up on a missing problem
From: Dennis Kimberlin <dkimberl@ops.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:56:44 -0500
This is in the "nice to know or it worked for me information" box.
A while back I asked about my 75 SPIT shutting down at speed for a brief
time, i.e. electrics just stopping, to include the engine, and then it
would restart on its own.  Never any consistency and at any speed.  All
connections ok, gas new and feeding the carb ok, carb ok.  I read in a
SPIT Bits catalog about condensers sometimes causing inconsistent motor
operations at times.  Ordered what I thought I needed from VB, but it
was too big, so I knew I had a problem with the dizzy.  VB couldn't
help.
Nigel (SPIT Bits: great group and a great help and have my vote) helped
me identify the dizzy on the car.  The PO had an MGB (C25) dizzy on it.
Anyway, ordered a new condenser and we're rolling again.
Next problem, getting the getting back to specs.
I now have a condenser for a "normal" 1500 75 SPIT dizzy that I'll send
to anyone who wants it.  It would cost me over $3.00 to mail it back to
VB for a net gain of .65 cents return, so it's not worth it.  Let me
know.
TO:  Brad Kahler
I'll be sending your coils back real soon.  Thanks for the loan.  Got
lucky this time.
Dennis
75 SPIT
Omaha, Ne