RE: Rover V8 in 2500 PI?

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Timothy Wayper (R3 Software Ltd)'" <timmy@r3.co.nz>
Subject: RE: Rover V8 in 2500 PI?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:57:06 +0100
should work, after all, there is enough people around converting the old
stag to rover power. AFAIK you need the box as well, auto box is bw66
for the rover and something different for the saloon so you won't be ok
with the bell housing. If you go for manual, get the five speed box from
a vitesse or of the SIII XJ6. In case you go  for the carb version, be
prepared to have to cut a bonnet bulge in the bonnet as the SU's stand
out. The injected version (SDi) should fit without mods. IMHO you will
need a modified propshaft as well. Should not be too much work all in
all.

Gernot