Re: TR4 compression

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 compression
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 14:13:21 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Carl,

According to the maintenance manuals I have, It's much more important that
they be consistent from cylinder to cylinder than be a high number.  One
little handbook that's mostly TR3 with TR4 updates gives a 120 minimum.

I will check my readings tomorrow... the car transport arrives from Buffalo,
NY this afternoon with my new toy.   When I was looking for cars, over the
last 4 months, the readings were typically around 150 with +/- 3 to 5 pounds
across all cylinders

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com