losing fluid from front brake reservoir

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: losing fluid from front brake reservoir
From: Huppertc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 13:19:12 EDT
I'd like to confirm my suspicions. I am losing fluid from the front brake
reservoir only on my TR6 (the portion of the reservoir closer to the stearing
wheel).  I rebuilt the master cylinder last year and am not leaking into the
footwell inside or at the base of the reservoir.  My suspicion is that I am
losing it at the calipers.  When I started the restoration of the TR6, I did
not replace the brake pistons, which appeared pitted (I didn't have the money
at $20 a piece).  So, my guess is that the pitting is now wearing the seals
after only a thousand miles.  Sound reasonable?  Or is there another place I
could be losing it?

Carl Huppert