Re: "GO" pedal shaft bushings

To: Charles Ackerman <C2H60_@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: "GO" pedal shaft bushings
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 20:58:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Charles Ackerman wrote:

> Howdy Folks
>
> Thought I would replace the bushings on the "GO" pedal shaft.

I've done thaat.

> Is the shaft supposed to be bent up the last 3 inches on the pass. side?

Nope, straight all the way accross.

> Anyone know how to install the bushings for the "GO" pedal shaft?
> They seem to big to fit in firewall holes.
> (Maybe they are different sizes for different year vehicles)

They are VERY difficult to install.  I put them in a cup of water, put the
cupin the microwave oven, and boiled them for a minute.  This softens them up
a lot and "helps" installation. Put them in while they're still hot.  Use
plenty of
spray silicone to help lube the installation process.- Good luck.

> Does the tapered side of the bushings go towards the engine?

I installed the tapered side into the firewall from the engine side, this left
thethicker, flat side visible from the engine bay. I asked the list, and nobody
gave me a definative answer as to which way 'round was original.
Hope this helps,

                                 JOE IV
                                 TR 250
                   WALLINGFORD, CT. USA