TR4 misfiring - pt 2

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 misfiring - pt 2
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:12:51 -0400
Scions,
thanks to all that responded to my fuel pump query.  This evening after
removing the fuel line from the front carb, placing empty peach can
under the fuel line, disconnecting the coil line and then letting my 8
year old TURN THE KEY, I'm happy to report I HAVE GAS....but enough of
my personal problems.  My motionless right foot also thanks you.
Anyway, the gasoline is flowing but it still fires sporadically for 10
seconds or so then dies.

Question is what should I look at next...
The plugs, points, distributor cap, and rotor have less than 1000 miles
on them. I've owned the car for 18 months and have never had carb
problems.  She ran fine b4 I went on vacation last week.  The good
sturdy woman says I should have brought my metal mistress a souvenir,
maybe next time.

TIA

Tom Long

64TR4