Injector Internal O-Rings

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Injector Internal O-Rings
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:44:32 +0100
Hello All,

I stripped and lapped in the injectors on my 2.5PI. removing a stray piece
of seal from #2 undoubtedly helped matters but the car is definitely running
better. The exhaust is even looking slightly grey, or at least off-black.
Conversely, the car still runs without enrichment after 2 minutes.
However, the internal O-rings on #2 to #6 injectors are loose. There is
minimal side to side movement but the internal parts of the injectors were
too easy to remove, they practically fell out.
I've tried to find new internal O-rings in the UK without success so....

Does anyone know of a source for these.

or....

Can anyone give me the following measurements so I can buy stock size
O-rings form my local supplier.

(a) Internal diameter of injector housing, i.e. the point where the outside
of the O-ring seals.

(b) External diameter of the waisted portion of the pintle housing, i.e. the
point where the inside of the O-ring seals.

(c) Width of the waisted section.

As I see it, it would be possible to use circular section O-rings but the
measurements would need to be accurate. perhaps someone has done this
already but if not, an old injector is needed because I see no way of
removing an O-ring to take these measurements without destroying it and
without a replacement, one is up a certain waterway without an essential
instrument.

Help on this one would be gratefully received,

Thanks in advance,

Dave Hill, UK.