TR2-4 Churchill Cam Bearing Puller

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR2-4 Churchill Cam Bearing Puller
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 21:37:56 +1200
My cam bearings were trashed, so I realy had no choice.  I had an exact
replica of the Churchill cam bearing tool fabricated in the tool room at
work.

It worked great.  The old bearings pulled out and the new ones pulled
in.  Still tricky to get those oil holes lined up right, but I did get
one in on the first try.  The new bearings are so shiney you can see
your reflection.

Once the cam bearings went in, the rest of the engine assembly had to be
done in the correct sequence, so it wasn't until today that I got to the
installation of the cam, and proved to myself that the bearing
replacement had gone well.

And it spins as smooth as silk...

Special thanks to Ken Gano and Tom Strange for their encouragement and
ideas, back when my Churchill tool was just pencil marks on a sheet of
paper.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED TO BORROW IT.

Will Daehler
63 TR4 CT25340