Re: Spitfire Seats

To: Kevin Besig <kbesig@borg.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Seats
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 22:13:35 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kevin Besig wrote:

> I have begun restoring a 1975 Spitfire.  While the car is OK
> mechanically and body-wise,  the interior is shot.  The PO had removed,
> stripped the seats, and sandblasted the frames before deciding to sell
> the car.  My understanding is that starting in 1975,  Spitfire seats had
> adjustable headrests.  These frames look more like highbacks.  I have
> looked in the VB and Moss catalogs at '75 and older Spit seats,  but the
> seat drawings don't seem correct for these frames.  Is there anyway I
> can verify if these are '75 or earlier before I buy seat kits?
>
> Kevin Besig
Kevin, Regardless of whether they are High backs or standard 1500 seats,
you will have to purchase the seat foams. When you place the seat foams
on the seats, you will know if they they are the High Backs from the Mk
IV or the removable headrest seats from the 1500.  Good Luck!!!
--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (FM14774U)